Tuesday, December 06, 2005

is it really the holidays?

Went to see Keeping Mum the other day. It's a really nice movie, with very funny bits, not much of a story though. And I also think they could have come up with a better title. But the really fun part of my night in town, besides the great company, is feeling the festive atmosphere all around with the colourful lights all over Oxford Street and Regent Street, and the very lively Leicester Square and Covent Garden, and many people walking around. It makes you feel it's really the holidays, which is very exciting for me since it's my first Christmas in Europe and my idea of Christmas celebrations comes only from (mostly American) movies. Of course, a perfect Christmas for me (and probably half the earth's population) would be a White one with lots and lots of snow, but unfortunately, in London, one can only hope.

On the other hand, on campus today, I was walking past one of the studios as someone in there was playing the piano and singing:

Cellophane, mister cellophane
Should have been my name
Mister cellophane
'Cause you can look right through me
Walk right by me
And never know I'm there

Poor guy! I was about to go in and tell him he should sing something more in line with the spirit of the holidays, but.. the other people in a different studio were doing a bang-up job with the drums :)

Mai

1 Comments:

Blogger Kingleo1 said...

that's part of the chicago musical.. the poor naive 'invisible' husband..

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home