Tuesday, July 11, 2006

28, 28.. surprise, surprise

My first birthday as Mrs. Ali Hafiz.. God it was a very nice birthday. The best part is the surprise element and the suspense involved. Let me explain:

Surprise (1): Thursday 6/7
Ali tells me before going to work don't cook today, we're eating out. We had dinner at a very nice Italian seafood restaurant in North Finchley.

Surprise (2): Friday 7/7
Ali tells me the night before make a small suitcase for both of us and come and meet me at Moorgate station at 6. He doesn't tell me where we are going. It turns out that we are going to Devon by train and spent the whole weekend there. We had a great time, enjoyed walking by the beach, eating stuff from the French market, we even had a bit of a tan before it turned windy on Sunday noon. We came back Sunday evening and watched the penalties of the world cup final at King's Cross station.

Surprise (3): Sunday 9/7
Ali tells me on our way back in the train that the minute I walk in the house I will find my birthday present. I didn't have a cluse what it is and kept asking him questions but he wouldn't tell me. It turned out to be a cute swing in the garden. He had a friend go collect it and set it up while we were away.

Surprise (4): Monday 10/7
Ali tells me in the morning we are eating out this day too. The whole time he convinced me that we are celebrating my birthday this year alone without telling anyone because it's my first birthday after marriage.. he had me fooled for a good while :) Then when we stepped in the restaurant it turned out that he invited a group of friends and they had cake for me and everything. When we came back home he even had a surprise birthday card for me.

Well.. what more can I say? I really enjoyed it.. HAPPY 28TH BIRTHDAY TO ME :)

Mai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home