Thursday, January 18, 2007

one life is not enough..

Right now I'm listening to an Arabic song by Amal Wahby saying:

3omr wa7ed mesh kefaya (one life is not enough)
kelma kanet fil-aghany (this was a saying in songs)
2enama 7asalet ma3aya (but it happened to me)
wel kalam luh ta3m tany (and now words have a different taste)

The wind is blowing strongly outside. I am stuck in writing a paper that I have to finish before Monday. I am so stressed that I'm on the brink of exploding. I'm thinking of the miracle of life, and of death. I wish I didn't have to work at all today. I wish all the clocks in the world would stop for one day.

Now the next song says:

2al eih morad ibn adam? (he asked, what is man's wish?)
2oltelo ta2a (i said a meal)
2al eih yekafiy manamo? (he asked, what would be enough for his sleep?)
2oltolo sha2a (i said a small space)
2al eih ye3agel be3omro? (he asked, what brings about his death quickly?)
2oltelo za2a (i said a push)
2al 7ad fiha mokhallad? (he asked, is there anyone immortal?)
2oltelo la2a.. (i said no)

The translation cannot do it justice, but at least it will get you thinking..

Mai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home